Hi Tim, relatively certain. The crankset is the Rivendell Silver double. I
use the big ring almost exclusively and it shows some signs of wear on the
teeth. The small ring goes basically unused unless I'm loaded for camping
and the teeth show almost no wear. The slippage occurs whether in the big
or small ring, hence my conclusion that the back half of the bike is the
issue.

I guess if I'm replacing things, that's something to add to the list,
though.