Here in the PNW we only get a week or two of salty roads, but plenty of rainy
weeks, so take my advice with a grain of salt ;-D

I always keep fenders on. But even so, I still squirt a bottle of water on
frame, wheels, and drivetrain after a ride. My bike has seen two very wet
winters so far, and has fared perfectly.

Definitely keep riding your Rambouillet in the winter. You want the best bike
you can ride in harsh conditions :-)