Congratulations on the child! And the Quickbeam. The Quickbeam may stay in
the house longer than the kid...
That's a great looking build. The shiny fenders over the Delta Cruisers is
a nice look, and complements the clean chainguard. Thanks for bringing
those PDW fender mounts to my attention, too. I have yet to cut the fender
stays on my green Quickbeam after... many years, and the PDW attachment
looks so clean. Might be just what I need to finish the bike.

Shame about the brakes. What kind are they? I would second the other
suggestions to check the cable drag (does the lever return snappily and
fully?), spring tension, symmetrical setup, etc. You might double-check
that the wheel is straight in the frame, but it would probably rub the
fenders if it wasn't.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA