My favorite is his gearing. I believe he had something like a 52/47
chainrings upfront and like 13-24 in the rear. In his "later years" he put
on a 13-26. So on all those wonderful alpine climbs he did, Jobst basically
grinded up standing in his 47x26 gearing. But I understand that was his
style. He wasn't the fastest up, but he got there. When he was on
rec.bicycles.tech, he basically chew people out for people trying to
challenge his findings without any evidence to support their claims. I miss
those days....