Oh, sorry, I was presumptuous in suggesting to DougP that you had a typo. Sorry
about that.

However, I do think Atlantis does belong in Golden Age.

AND also deserves to be the namesake of the New Atlantean Epoch. That's how
special the Atlantis is. There was a time (99-2000) when it was almost the only
game in town for that style of bike. In the larger sizes, Riv went ahead with
it in 700C, and that scared some of us who worried about tire selection. "We
want real 2-inchers, not weak 700C hybrid 'sort of fatties'". A "29er market"
wasn't a thing that people said yet, but Riv went ahead anyway, saying "Hey,
the 700C wide tire offerings will get better." Rivendell deserves a lot of
credit for that. I think of the Atlantis as the start of the Golden Age. It's
been over 18 years since it came out, and bikes have been incredibly fun in
that time.