@dstein, thanks.  I would call Riv with your child seat question -- but
given Grant says the frame passes the EN mountain bike standard, I'd be
really surprised if it couldn't handle 33lbs easily in back without
flinching.  Plus, like you say, once you don't have a child seat
requirement, you have a lighter-weight more versatile bike to re-imagine
into what you need it to be, compared to a cargo bike.

"As a trail bike, commuter, shopper, all-around ruffabout bike, it’s as
pure and perfect as you’ll find anywhere. I/Grant think of it as a mountain
bike–and the frame does pass the mountain bike EN test, the toughest in the
world, so it’s not going to break on you."

The Workcycles Fr8 is one cool bike -- have you seen those?  I used to want
one, but man if you don't really NEED to haul a lot, you're paying the
price in weight for sure, so not so versatile.  You could take your kids
AND the neighbor's too!

Tom