I have the predecessor of the R559 (the R556) on my Bleriot with cheap
Shimano aero levers and Koolstop pads, and the stopping is fine in both wet
and dry weather. It really doesn't feel any different from the SRAM Force
22 levers/brakes using Swissstop pads on a Lynskey that I have. However,
neither of those compare to the SRAM Red hydraulic disc (shock, horror)
brakes I have on another bike.

Nick