whoops, Wally, i just started the same thread, sorry about that. i am
interested! let's do this!

one place i had in mind after talking with Alex from Yellowhaus was
Minnewaska State Preserve in the Hudson Valley.

https://goo.gl/maps/ichRwb8Qkhr

camping options, carriage roads, good food in the area, etc. also easy to
get to from most directions.