Hi Brett,
I use Orange Seal in tubes (butyl and latex) with Compass 584x38 and 584x42
(regular, not EL casing).

I think it helps, but my frequency of flats was low before sealant. My
rides are generally commutes, and getting a flat can be an expensive
nuisance if I'm late for child pickup.

For set up, I install tube+tire and air it up (without sealant). If it
looks good, then I deflate the tube and remove the valve core. (BTW: Park
chain tool, probably others, can be used to remove the valve core; the
"arms" are the right distance to engage the flats of the core.)

With valve ~4 o'clock position (and tire off the ground), I inject ~4 oz of
Orange Seal. I could probably get away with less sealant, but... half of 8
is 4 and I figured that if I stored the bottle, the remaining sealant would
probably dry out. (My LBS didn't have the 4oz size.)

Next, reinstall the core and air it up. I recently read someone advising
adding Boeshield or similar to the core before installation (to prevent
clogging). Maybe I'll try that next time. I can't say that it's been much
of a problem for me, though.

Good luck!
shoji
Arlington MA