Hi gang: Thanks for the comments about my new Rivendell Roadeo. What
you see is just the initial build-up, done just in time to spend five
days riding it in Death Valley recently. I'll re-work it a bit soon
and will post a full report and lots of photos to my blog at www.XO-1.org.
(The carbon bars, stem, and post were just to be ironic; as I value my
life and safety, they will come off tomorrow before I start trail
riding it to prepare for the Julian Death March.)

As for the paint, not to mention the non-standard down-tube shifters
braze-ons, I got the frame from Rivendell with primer and had it
shipped straight to Joe Bell. The color is Barcelona Red, a Toyota
Prius color which I'd see on the freeway and liked. Besides the
shifter mounts, I also had JB add my Major Taylor Association and
Rough Stuff Fellowship decals beneath the clear coat on the top tube
and back of the seat tube. As always, he did a heckuva job with it.

I love this bike so much, it's actually going to replace about eight
bikes in my stable! eBay is going to see my XO-1, RB-1, Kestrel 4000,
classic Raleigh, Tom-built Ritchey tandem, Alan Carbonio, Tom-build
Ritchey classic, and much more very soon, now that I have a bike with
the proper seat angle, super tire clearance, and the all-important
classic, timeless, purposeful aesthetic for randonneruing, Rough
Riding, and hauling butt all in one bike!

BTW, it's a 59cm.

I'll be riding it the next two Saturdays on our Mount Laguna rides, as
well as the next few Sundays on the trails near Julian while scouting
the Julian Death March route. (I plan to race that event on April 10
on this bike, with 32mm cyclocross tyres). If you want to join the
Mount Laguna rides, we'll roll out of Major's Diner in Pine Valley at
700am on 3/20 and 3/27. Anyone can join these rides, though they are
designed as training rides for our upcoming Mount Laguna Bicycle
Classic on April 17. I hope to see you out there!

- Chris Kostman
La Jolla, CA
http://www.XO-1.org
http://www.adventurecorps.com