"..scratching my head in bewilderment at the appeal of an ebike. Have we REALLY
become so wimpy and weak?"

The problem is assuming everybody has to enjoy bicycles the way we do. Ebikes
provide a fun way to get around for people who either can't or don't want to
pedal as much as most of us do. From the pics I've seen Leah's dude looks
pretty fit, so I don't think it's a matter of strength there, it's just not his
thing. He seems happy to pedal along a couple miles, and if you toss in a
bigger trip he'd rather have some power or not go at all.

Is that right or wrong? Nope, it's just where his interests lie. I'd rather see
the guy bridge the gap from Leah's bike to e-assist than go find a motorcycle.
Is my opinion.