Thanks for the head’s up, Patrick. I have seen these before, and they look like
excellent bags. However, since I’ll be using these for commuting and shopping,
and need to install and remove frequently, I’m thinking the attachment may not
be the best for my use.

I have happily been using Lone Peak panniers for almost 30 years now. The
attachment system would be hard to better, in my estimation. Simple hooks on
the top rail that swivel completely around the rail. No fussy spring-loaded
mechanisms needed. A bungee cord running down the back of the pannier with an S
hook at the end to grab whatever part of the rack is down there to accept it.
The bungee cord length is adjusted by simply tying a knot in the cord (to take
up slack)  to accommodate sizing needs. The load stays very secure due to
tension from the bungee.

As a bonus, I find them fairly easy to install and remove.

Geez, I should just get a replacement pair! But they no longer make the model I
own, and all equal I would prefer to purchase bags made of Cotton Duck.