Craig, those are gorgeous bags, and you make a strong case for them. I only
wish there were a size between the small fronts (28 liters) and the enormous
rears (54 liters!).

I am usually of a “go bigger, why not?” mindset. But these are really large.
Choices, choices….arrgh! Big or small?

Question: Looking at reviews, it appears that there is universal agreement that
the outside pocket of the large panniers is prone to spilling its contents
because the strap does not snug enough. Do you find this to be the case? Or
could one simply punch another hole in the strap?

I would need this outside pocket for sundries in my day to day. I need some
kind of pocket (zippered or otherwise) in my day-to-day pannier. Something in
which to stash wallet, keys, phone, etc.