In case anyone is daft enough to want to try roasting your own, I recommend the
free way to test if you want to do it more than five times (well, free except
for buying green beans): a cast iron skillet or dutch oven (high walls make for
a bit more even roasting) on medium flame/heat, stir constantly, remove some
point after first crack stops and the beans burn. Easy to scorch the beans this
way though, so once you know you want to roast regularly...

We love roasting in our Zen Roast. https://www.zenroast.co. I can roast 3/4 cup
(I know, I’m supposed to weigh the beans. Bah.) green beans to a dark medium
roast very evenly on medium flame in 12-15 minutes, which yields one cup
roasted coffee. I age it 24 hours to 7 days, with the sweet spot we prefer at
around 3 days, but that’s a pretty subtle difference when using great beans and
roaster.

With abandon,
Patrick