I bought the Primal Blueprint from Rivendell a couple of months ago
and it makes sense.  It is not necessarily just low carb, it wants you
to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables,and of course, good quality
meats and nuts.  Plus it prescribes exercise but not over the top
workouts.  I started to implement it a month ago and I have lost some
weight and my energy levels are up. Food for thought. pun intended.