I just finished up a 650b conversion on my Sam Hillborne. My intent was to
squeeze in 2.1" tires for more offroad touring adventures later this summer
when I head West for a couple months. Sure, the bike likely could've
already handled that duty with it's max clearance of 700x45, but heck, I
think this bike is pretty neat. Plus, Paul Motolites afford the opportunity
to swap 700 and 650b wheel sizes. Likely not necessary, but I like options.

I'm fortunate to have some local MTB trails in my office's backyard, so I
ride on pavement ~9 miles to the woods, ride some singletrack for 20-30
minutes, then pop up to the office. This is a great bike to do it.

Photos here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WdrztydLT7s4-09N9BVk7l32RTTDYg19?usp=sharing>

-Erik, Philly

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/9a420971-3f44-4930-a78c-6690ff2085b5%40googlegroups.com.