Johnny,

What else are you going to do to the drivetrain?  What rear cluster are you
planning on using, 9 speed and 11-28? Is this a utility bike where you will
just coast downhills, and will it see mostly paved use?

I have found 36-11 to be a bit limiting on the pavement and I am not a
strong rider and tend to slow-roll in a 60-65 gear inch range. Also having
your most used gears having fewer teeth like a 36-13 means they will wear
out faster.

With a 36-24 up front you can run a shorter cage rear derailleur if desired.

-Dave J

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/5c7a1ecd-ed93-45ad-86d0-86cdd9907c13%40googlegroups.com.