You can consider an aperture-priority film camera. Perhaps something
lightweight like a Nikon FE2, so you can leverage a plethora of good F-mount
lenses and accessories. A FE2 with a 45mm f/2.8 “pancake” lens will be light
and compact, and easy to carry around when biking. A little more esoteric are
the OM-2 or OM-4 from Olympus, but lens selection and availability will be
curtailed. These are all SLRs so they’ll be more fun and versatile than P&S
cameras.

I’m sure there are other brands (e.g., Canon, Yashica, Pentax, etc), but I’m
only familiar with these.