"Only slight bummer is that the front top water bottle mount is useless on
the size small frame because of the lower top tube."

We have simple Minoura wire cages on our Small HHH. I can get a bottle in
that front top spot, but only for storage. Can't remove or replace while in
motion. Fortunately the lower cage is within reach for me.

-Randy