Nice bikes!  And that guy looks like me.  I won't tell you which oneā€¦

________________________________
From: jinxed <hbcl...@yahoo.com>
To: RBW Owners Bunch <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, March 29, 2010 3:15:13 PM
Subject: [RBW] XO-1 sighting, original owner too!

So I took the kiddo out for a 35 mile pull in the trailer today taking
advantage of the not-snow/wind/rain weather. We headed downtown to
play at a park, and stopped off mid-ride at the REI flagship store for
a snack. As I rolled up I immediately noticed an XO-1 out of the vast
sea of bikes that flood the cafe there. One quick glance around, and I
spied a group of three sitting at one of the tables who looked old
enough know better, but young enough to still get in trouble! Walked
up..."which one of you owns the XO?" They took a funny look around at
all the other tables full of cyclists I think wondering why I picked
them to ask. Then (Mr. G) raises his hand, "uh, I do...how did you
know?" Call it an educated guess. The other riders sitting around were
either in full race kit, or skin tight rolled up jeans and sleeve
tatts.

Anyway we had a nice little talk and turns out he and his wife both
purchased XO-1's new but on closeout for $600 each. His wife later
switched to a recumbent and passed the Bstone on to her sister. Mr. G
has been riding his since new. He said so far this year he's clocked
over a thousand miles just on the XO. Nice.

The bike was in great condition, and fairly stock. I love that he
loves it. Bikes with history are good bikes indeed.

Here graciously allowed me to pose for a picture with him and his
bike. Maybe 15 years from now someone will walk up to me and say..hey,
is that your Bombadil? I hope so.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4474700190_071e2121dd_b.jpg