On Mar 29, 6:07 pm, Eric Norris <campyonly...@me.com> wrote:
> You know that the *real* REI flagship is in Seattle, right?
>
> --Eric

Yessir I do. Been there even. But in this day and age of marketing
they'll slap "flagship" on the biggest store in a 50 mile radius if it
brings people in. I was torn when they moved into the building they
now call their flagship Denver store. It used to be a really cool
railroad/transportation museum that I went to as a kid while in
Colorado on vacation from my native Ohio. Unfortunately it feel into
disrepair, was in a (then) rundown area, and ticket sales were glum. I
was sad to see it close, but when REI moved in they really did a nice
job of preserving the building. And now the entire area is upscale
lofts, cafes, and boutiques. As always, an uneasy balance of "too bad
some good mom and pop places closed, but at least it was not ALL
bulldozed for a shopping mall."