David,
That way that I understand this pre-order, is that I purchased and paid-for
a sweater.  A delivery charged was added to my order.  If I understand this
process correctly (and I may not!), Riv will contact those who have
pre-ordered when the sweaters arrive.  At that point (I believe / hope . .
. ) we will have the opportunity to add additional items to the order -
taking us beyond the total purchase needed to earn free shipping.

Hopefully list members who have done this before can chime-in and let me
(us) know whether I am correct in my understanding.

Sean