This ended up being my approach on my OC (Original Clem<entine>). I was
planning to buy a set of Compass Switchbacks before my new bicycle even
arrived, but like Jim, I soon got into the whole vibe, with the Bosco Bulls
and the step-through and the fenders and back o bike bags, and the tires
were just fine. They weren't "high performance" but they didn't decrease
the fun in any way.