I have a number of activities but will mention one that has tied in with
riding in the past. I became a radio fan and DXer in my teens and have
retained an interest through today. My interest in mostly AM/MW, and
shortwave. I have carried a small portable on my rides, either overnights,
or up great hills. Currently use a Sony ICF-SW7600GR.

When I was a baseball fan, I would take a portable up one of the local
mountains and listen to a game from a Washington state broadcaster. (In the
90s, much of the post-season was not available in the Vancouver market.)

When in eastern Ontario at the cottage, I have pedaled up to a high point
(Foymount) and listened at sunset for interesting signals.

FM and TV DX is a thing, but has not interested me. Yet.

More info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DXing

I have been a member of the Ontario DX Association, the IRCA, and NRC, and
found membership helpful and rewarding.

EricF
Big 10-4
Vancouver BC