I have a 79.5 cm PBH, so I can relate from a height standpoint.  I have a
54 cm 1st generation Homer.  It is a wonderful bike, no doubt, but since
then I've gotten my 52.5 cm custom with long chainstays.  When I am riding
on the road, the long chainstays just add much more stability without
affecting the mobility/liveliness of the ride at all.  In fact, I find
myself going down S. Park (infamous for the Strava downhill death) and I am
a bit scared with my Homer because it is not as stable as my custom.  I
think it just tracks better on turns too, so if you like twisty descents,
then having the long chainstays helps me.  You might wonder if there's
something special about my custom bike vs the Homer.  I haven't ridden the
new AHH, but rode the new Atlantis and it's wonderful.  I rode the blue
Rosco Bubbe road model --that was a very lively and responsive bike that I
rode; Grant based my custom chainstays on my appreciation of the handling
of that bike.  I would guess that the AHH is designed similarly to the road
Rosco models.

With that said, Rivendell bikes tend to be very sensitive to weight shifts,
rather than sensitive to steering changes.  If you appreciate the Rivendell
responsiveness to weight shifts, then I'm sure you will love the new AHH.

Toshi