I'll throw in another recommendation for Falls Creek Outfitters. I'd also
like to recommend an illustrator if you need help creating the patch's
original artwork which will employ the amazing capability of Walter's
machinery. For the Cross New Hampshire Adventure Trail, my partner Marianne
Borowski worked with illustrator Spencer Hawkes to create the artwork for
the suite of logos, stickers and patch. Spencer, who is an avid cyclist,
did a fantastic job in capturing the spirit of the project. He also handled
the interface with Falls Creek, including a few design enhancements to the
samples to make the final product perfect.

The XNHAT patch is here.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/34156114@N05/48111260057/in/dateposted-public/>

Find Spencer here. <http://www.spencerhawkes.com>

I hadn't paid much attention to patch construction before observing this
project, and frankly I was kind of blown away by the level of detail that
is available from modern (CNC, I presume) embroidery machines. Makes me
want to go see one in operation.

Good luck with your upcoming project.

Cheers,
Tom Matchak