George:

Lucky YOU, sir!

I loved 70s maybe best in many ways. Not least of those, the glory days of
Campagnolo RECORD. Oh, my. I have my very first Campy bit, year 73 stamped
on top, a beautiful Record rear derailer. It's always nearby, in the night
stand beside our bed (just kidding). The most elegant, ornate, functional
(tho some disagree), rebuild-able, artful chunk of ALU ever created! No
argument will convice me otherwise. And I damn near wore the thing out. Not
scratch on it, and if you've ever seen these for sale, they are almost
always really scuffed up as the result of careless 'tip overs'. I bought
the thing before I even had a frame suitable, its equal so to speak. When I
built my first really nice bike, an Eisentraut, that derailed was the first
thing I mounted.

What's yours? My guess is either Brit or French.

I love mystifying the carbons -- once I grab a wheel, I don't let go, haha!
I think it annoys them, an old guy on an old steel bicycle. An antique in
many ways. Most don't know really what it is, and they don't care.

I've been riding the Paramount quite a bit lately. Totally dialed, you
should ride yours more often!

We are a wonderful, different bunch to be sure. What fun.

BEST / Jock Dewey