My wife and I used to ride Schwalbe Marathons.  Great tires for puncture
protection, but at 730 grams my wife said it always felt like riding
through mud.  Never had a flat, though.
We went to Continental Ride Tour tires and they were an improvement - less
stiff and less heavy at 650 grams.  She loves them.
I moved on to Continental Speed Ride tires.  They only come in one size -
622x42 at 495 grams.  I have 5000 miles on my set and I love them.
I will occasionally re-mount the Ride Tours if I want to compare things
like tire widths or chain stay lengths.  :-)
IMHO it is a trade-off between weight and puncture protection, and I’ll
take the risk for lighter weight.