Steve,

Maybe consider Panaracer tires?  Specifically the GravelKing slicks?

My wife and I ride our fair share of RH/Compass tires.  Excellent quality,
extremely comfy, long-wearing and high performance.  We also own a fair
number of Panaracer tires - specifically GravelKing slicks (28 and 32 mm).

We've ridden the GK's on our tandem (the frame and fork can only fit 28mm
max) and they are very, very nice.  They are very reasonably priced too.  I
will be mounting a set of 38mm GK's on my new Black Mountain Cycles Monster
Cross [I am currently building it up].  I only wished they made a 44!

Good luck!

Jeff