Mounting tires with tubes on tubeless rims is one of life's most confounding
things and used to drive me crazy, but I recently figured out "the trick".
May not work with every rim, but after my first foray into trying to do it,
failing and then going to my local shop and watching my buddy do it without any
tools, I figured "OK, I am doing  something wrong"
Without getting too involved I will try to tell you what causes problems and
the solution.
First, when you put a tire on a tubeless rim the first bead wants to ride up on
the opposite shoulder (as it should) then the second side also wants to ride
the shoulder when you put it on. This all adds up and means you can't get that
last bit on.
Solution: when you get down to that last bit. Go around and push both beads
together in the middle,  the opposite of where you are trying to push the last
bit of bead over, make sure those two beads are pushed together And riding in
the trough in the middle of the rim and not on the shoulders. This will create
enough slack on the opposite side to push the bead on!
Hopefully that makes sense? It would be easier to show you then try to write an
explanation, but . . .
Most times now I can pretty much get mine on by hand with no tools; but I
pinched lord knows how many tubes before I finally figured it out.