My Nitto lugged stem was on the shelf at Rivendell raw and totally
unpainted.  I went in to buy one because I was setting up a drop bar
cockpit for my Bombadil.  Jay grabbed a normal finished one and the raw
one, and said 'same price, we'll get it color matched to your Bombadil'.  I
took the offer to paint it.  Jay sent it out and called me when it was
done.  I assumed they could get a great match because they had chosen the
orange powdercoat for my Bombadil.  The match was not even close.  It was
way too yellow.  Jay said "yeah, I had it wet painted, because our powder
coater has a minimum.  I took my best guess"  I didn't like it at all, and
Jay said 'no problem, let me give it another shot'.  He had it painted
again.  It was a lot closer, but a little too red.  I didn't have the heart
to send it back again, so I kept it.  When I sold my Bombadil the buyer
didn't want the stem, so now it's my statement piece.

I have no clue who Riv had paint it.  Maybe D&D?

Bill in EC