I think one of the prettiest cranksets around is the Sugino Mighty Tour in
polished silver. (https://www.suginoltd.co.jp/us/products/touring/mighty.html).
 For less money, there are nice offerings by Velo Orange and IRD.  I would do a
gear inch chart and see what different ring and cog combos give you before
settling on which ones you opt for. Even without big hills to climb, allow for
days when you just are outta gas or facing a PITA headwind on the way back home.