Yeah. That is my experience as well.
Mostly it's about the weight between fore/aft.
They tend to be speed-specific. They'll happen at 18 mph, but not at 17,
for example.

Jobst wrote some (fairly strongly opinionated) missives about this - this
came up first: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/shimmy.html

The only time I've had a wobble was one brevet on the Hilsen, in which I'd
aft-loaded 2x the amount of planned gear due to a weather change, had
nothing on the front, and sat up as I crested a hill and glided no handed.
Got a wiggle-wiggle-wiggle and shifted forward slightly, at which point it
stopped. I never managed to reproduce it with more mindful loading.

Ride buddy JimG had a long struggle with his Kogswell on this topic - he
had documented it well, which ought to be searchable through his site -
http://yojimg.net/bike/

Jim / cyclofiend