I read about half of the responses, and don't have anything to add other
than I agree with all the points made, especially that the mechanic was
incompetent. Even if the included bracket didn't reach all the way to the
brake bridge where it is supposed to attach, there could have been a way
for the mechanic to finagle a solution. This is a common problem with
fender installation and bike mechanics the world over have DIY'd parts to
make it work.

The real reason I'm posting is because of the term "wiggly fenders", and
how it reminded me that my wife and I once dreamed of opening a bike shop.
We have a beloved beagle, and we decided we would name our fantasy bike
shop "Beagle Bikes", and we imagined the shop sign would have a 1940s-era
stylized logo of a beagle earnestly riding a bike. Nothing to do with
wiggly fenders, but it just reminded me...

Anton
velolumino.com