On Monday, 23 March 2020 03:15:58 UTC+11, Lithocarpus wrote:

> I’m considering setting up my MIT Atlantis with a 1x system and was
> interested to know if anyone here has done this, what components you used,
> and if the chain stay length caused any complications. So far, I’m
> considering a 11x50 SunRace cassette, SRAM eagle GX derailleur, chain, and
> trigger shifter, but am hoping to use my existing Silver crankset. It’s a
> triple, but I think the middle chainring position would be aligned
> correctly. If that crank works, I’d likely throw a guard on it. Long term,
> I’m interested in a White Industries crankset, but that’s further down the
> road.

I have setup two 1x bikes for my wife, the most recent using that same
Sunrace 11-50 cassette with SRAM AXS Eagle shifter, derailleur, and chain,
SRAM GX Eagle 165mm cranks with a 36t narrow-wide chainring, some wheels
and other stuff I already had, and I installed the components on a Carbonda
CFR505 frame. She's an experienced cyclist, and likes the 1x setups and the
electronic shifting. The SRAM Eagle chain was 126 links as supplied - I had
quite a few links left over when I shortened it to install on the Carbonda,
but don't know if 126 links would be enough for the Atlantis.

<http://www.users.on.net/~njpayne/images/IMG_20190819_130558.jpg>

Nick