Joe,
Thanks for pointing this out.  It’s great news at least to this lister.

When I first encountered “Lovely Bicycle,” I was a little spellbound. Whatever
Velouria wrote, it spoke to me.  Her love of cycling, her childlike wonder was
infectious.  New blog entries never were frequent enough.  The way she thought
about cycling and bikes influenced me as much as or nearly as much as Grant’s
writing.

When her entries stopped in early 2018, I didn’t believe it.  This was
especially true since Velouria had told of things she still planned to write
about (e.g., a forthcoming experience with a RBW bike). Since she never told us
the end had come, initially, I still checked daily for new blog entries.  Then,
I checked every few days, then weekly.  I still retained a tab for the site.
Last January - 2019, another entry appeared on aptitude if I recall correctly.
I think it included some remarks on knitting, which seemingly had replaced
cycling as Velouria’s passion.  I waited for the next entry, which never came.
Most recently, I still checked the site, but probably only every 3-4 months.
It’s been a while as you can tell.

Cycling for me has many components; one is that it is a state of mind.  I
always felt from what I read on Lovely Bicycle, it was this way for Velouria as
well. Even when she was not riding, she was thinking about riding, about past
rides, future rides, bikes, etc. I learned a lot from what she wrote, not only
about cycling.  And it resonated.  Not much more could I ask from anything I
read.

I hope this new entry is a harbinger of more to come. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve Cole
Arlington, Virginia