My slightly dissenting take:

Listening to folks explain how easy setting up tubeless tires is reminds me
of when I used to tell folks gluing on tubular racing tires was no big deal.

Though I never use a higher pressure to avoid pinch flats, I never get
them. I mean in the last 2 decades I think I got 1 pinch flat and that was
whomping a sizeable rock coming down a trail riding 45mm tires (schwalbe
"fatties" from RBW) at between 20 and 25 psi. For me avoiding pinch flats
is not a selling point for going tubeless.

I go weeks on end without getting a single flat all the time. But even
though I live in the land of drought and am rarely out in inclement
weather, when I do get one I don't like it, and almost all my flats are
from wires or thorns or small flints which I expect OS would have sealed
without me even stopping. So I have some interest in considering the whole
tubeless thing.

To that end I have acquired and am now using a set of wheels set up
tubeless on one of my bikes.
So far (~6 months in) it seems fine and has the following advantages for me:
  When I ride that bike along a trail with goat head producing flora all
about I am much less worried, and so far 0 flats.
  I tend to ride that bike on days after it rains (when there tends to be
much more crap along the side of the roads), again less worried and so far
0 flats.

I have another bike with tubeless compatible rims that I've not gone
tubeless on. I may consider it, but where my tubeless wheels have WTB
Byways on em, that other bike wears 38mm RH extralights. I've heard the RH
extralights sidewalls tend to weep when set up tubeless, and that doesn't
sound like fun to me.