"I’m still hung up on the $60 patch kit. Not only that, added I still need to
carry a spare tube."

Yep. I had myself all talked into this and talked myself right out of it. I get
all the theoretical benefits of tubeless, but I've decided they don't mean
anything to me and I'd rather change tires whenever I feel like it with tubes
and a floor pump. No goop, no plugs, one floor pump I don't have to aggravate
my arthritis with by pumping-real-fast. I'm good.