Welcome to the group Jim, and back to your bike!

In another discussion about handlebars I had an experience in pursuit of
"best for me" bars that was similar to the Moustache bar dichotomy. I'm
either short of torso for my height or long of leg for my torso...and I
need a short reach. I can get that by an under square frame or by bodging
my fit with short stems and short extension drop bars. In that conversation
I noted the new crop of gravel-oriented bars feel very confining at two
positions and too narrow on the hoods or tops. I had a chance to get an
XO-1 and had a reality check about the bars on a ride (was a dealer) and
getting a purple XO-2 with the WTB Dirt Drops instead.

Grant talked me through options for an adventure road fit (in 2000) and
extolled a frame that was in container, crossing the ocean with a 2°
upsloped, undersquare top tube and 2cm extended head tube he designed for
long rides and light loads with inspiration from French randonneuring. I've
had that Rambouillet ever since. We can compare beausage later. Nothing
grossly unkind, just a collection of two decades of moments. I earlier
proposed "beausavage" to better represent the diary that my orange bike's
finish represents.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6xqhzfdLmcqQWd1F7

I'll stay tuned to hear of your spring and summer riding in Minneapolis and
otherwise.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh