For whatever reason I hadn't seen Grant's comment about wheel size above until
just now.
I too was wondering about why the 700C over 650B, but it does make sense; with
Rivendell already using stretched wheelbases there's plenty of room typically
for the larger sized wheels.
Basically, with the tire availability it's essentially a 29er!
My major problem with 29ers generally is that on a smaller frame the wheels
kinda take over the whole design and typically it looks less than ideal. Funky
My Surly Ogre is a 29er and it's brilliant; rolls over anything and is just
quick! But it ain't too pretty and I guess I wouldn't be here &/or ride a
Rivendell it aesthetics didn't matter to me.
It's little things like this that keep moving my needle back and forth from NO
to YES or MAYBE????
I had a couple ideas on the paint. I typically don't like black bikes, but the
black Clementines looked sick and & I would have bought one of those if I
hadn't already bought an orange one. The Black/creme Sam's almost got me as well
OR how bout a white or creme color with black inserts/panels??