Thanks all for such great feedback and advice.

By air matress I meant the Big Agnes Air Core Sleeping Pad that goes inside
the sleeve in the BA sleeping bags. I read many great reviews about this
combo, and it felt to be a very light versatile setup. By separate e-mail
I've also received feedback that some people don't like this setup, but I've
never used it so I guess I'm going to try it and see how it feels. I think
I'm going to get the RBW Vapor Barrier Liner to extend the temperature range
of the bag, as well as make sure I bring dry wool socks, a beanie and some
wool underwear just in case. I wanted a versatile solution that wouldn't be
too warm in the summer; my son and I are pretty warm sleepers and I hate
waking up all sweaty. If the combo doesn't work out, I will return it and
exchange it for another typer/brand.

I think the warm chocolate in the morning makes a lot of sense, so I'll be
looking into a small stove/unit based on all the multiple suggestions and
recommendations that have been going around.

I think, just like some have said, it's going to be great and we're going to
be learning along the way.

May end up exchanging the tent to a 3 person tent; my college daughter in
Berkeley, upon hearing the news, said she'd also love to come camping. My
wife isn't really the camping sort, and she said she would wait until I had
it all figured out. With her, I believe it's going to eventually be car
camping, as she doesn't ride a bike at all and probably won't want to go
really backpacking either. I'll have to figure out how to get a bike that
can be loaded for my daughter to use, and eventually my son to inherit as he
grows up... :-)

Grant provided me with a great minimum set up list that I'm going to use as
my starting point. I may stop by RBW if I get a chance, to see if they help
me configure the load on my Bombadil. But, to someone else's point, I won't
worry too much about how to load the bike and/or whether I end up walking it
up the hills or not. I'm actually looking forward to this new adventure very
much.

Thanks for all the feedback!

René