You mention pad holders so I assume the brake shoes are of the type with a
replaceable pad. I'd try one piece shoes as the next experiment. I've wondered
if pads of that type not being fully seated in their holders could be a source
of vibration or resonance that contributes to squealing. I've had a couple of
instances of brakes with such shoes squealing after pad replacement that was
fixed by switching to a one piece pad. Of course, you could try to better seat
the pads, but sometimes it's not trivial to get the pads to fully seat and
aside from aesthetics I see little advantage to them, so I tend to just go for
the one piece shoes. I find I often need to readjust the shoe's angle and
position over the life of the pad or when replacing them anyways.

-Jeremy Till
Sacramento CA