"That said, I still use and prefer photochromatic lenses because I just don't
like dark lenses on a cloudy day. Too gloomy for me, makes me want to turn
around and go home :  )

Best cloudy day lens is yellow. Totally turn a gloomy cloudy day into a bright
sunny one. Extend your riding time for at least another 20 or 30 miles. But if
sun does come out, you're screwed as the yellow lens intensifies the light.
Just can't win these days."

That's one thing I like about the Prizm lens on my Oakley EV Zero: it has a
fascinating ability to separate light from shade, and seems to "brighten" the
scene as the clouds roll in. It has to be pretty dang gloomy outside before I
have to take them off.

I have the Prizm on an Oakley Crossrange I use off the bike which has a much
lighter lens marketed to golfers. It's possibly too much light transmission for
cycling on a very bright day, but great for everything else. In the end there's
a whole lotta lenses out there with different light transmission qualities and
you have to find what works best for you for your conditions.