Thank you for your thoughtful post, Franklyn. I agree that race is an in-bounds
topic here, but name-calling is unacceptable and counter-persuasive. I’ve seen
more people bend away from their reflexive answers in the last few days than
ever before on the internet, and only in response to kindness while explaining
a different perspective.

I’m sorry that stuff happens to you. It sounds much worse than my experience
with people in cars who feel I’m a just target for being on “their” roads. I’m
glad you persist in riding. I also particularly enjoy your photos of Berkeley
views.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA