Jim - thank you for all you do for this forum to keep it going. I do really
value it and the community. I also see how some threads digress and lose
civility and I don’t envy your role to manage that.

I don’t think Jan’s post was off topic or inappropriate though and I think the
Blahg is evidence of this.  Rivendell’s values and mission align with the BLM
movement. There are years of systemic racism and sexism in bike culture and
history that Grant highlighted this week and many times before, and I hope we
can also continue to challenge this history wherever and whenever we can.  I do
think there is a level of white privilege to expect to come to this forum and
not have to hear about what our neighbors face everyday just for being black or
brown, or gay, or trans, etc and be confronted with what is happening in this
world.  I do think everyone should be expected to be civil to each other, be
respectful and at times let the thread stop.

Again thank you for all you do.