Am I being chased by a pack of bees, or is that just Chris King calling on
line 2?

But seriously...

For me the things that matter most about a rear hub are more like amount of
pedal rotation before positive engagement of hub pawls.  The noise made by
a hub doesn't bother me.  But I respect others' views.

-Jim