On Thursday, 18 June 2020 02:29:32 UTC+10, Eric Norris wrote:

> That is the wrong nut. Nitto uses a triangular shaped nut on the back
> side. I don’t know that what you’re using is dangerous, but you should by
> all means get the proper Nitto nut.

The Technomic Deluxe uses the triangular nut you describe, but the taller
Technomic stems come with a standard hex nut. There's supposed to be a lip
that one of the flats of the hex nut bears against to stop it turning, but
the lip is not very deep.

<https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-5fde0/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/1132/3139/nitto-technomic-280mm-extra-long-quill-stem-25-4-3__88851.1510183520.jpg>

Nick