For the OP, if you want to continue experimenting, you can try switching to
a boost front, which moves the front chainline outboard by +3mm. Depending
on your current crankset, that may mean a new crankset (expensive) or a new
set of boost chainrings (not as expensive, but still expensive) that adds
the boost offset via the chainrings themselves. (Boost cranksets use the
same bb as their non-boost counterparts.)

I used to have a Krampus Ops with 3.0 Knard tires, 73mm bb shell with
Hollowtech II equivalent bb, a 135mm rear hub, and short chainstays. I ran
it 2x10 using the stock Surly OD crankset
<https://surlybikes.com/blog/od_crank_and_1x11_drivetrains>which had a
51.4mm chainline and didn't experience tire rub. Surly cautioned that, to
run a 2x front with a plus tire on the Krampus , one *had* to run that
crankset, and that pre-dates the 148mm boost rear spacing. One caution: a
12sp cassette and longer chainstays on your Susie moves the chain closer to
the tire than on the Krampus so that may still not work.

--Ed C.