On the other hand, it will probably be a lot easier to spot a stolen
Platypus than a TR-r500Sli. Or whatever.(And anyway, aren't we disbanding
the police?)

Naming vehicles after animals has a long tradition. While horses, cats, and
birds get the most attention, you could look at the upcoming Platypus as
attempt at diversity. I think it's kinda funny. Maybe you take your cycling
more seriously. Nothing wrong with that.  But if you're going to pass up a
bicycle because of the name, chances are more than good you don't need
a(nother) bicycle.

Cars named after animals

1. Barracuda
<https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1967-1969-plymouth-barracuda.htm> (Plymouth
<https://auto.howstuffworks.com/plymouth-cars.htm>)

2. Beetle <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1960-1969-volkswagen-beetle.htm>
(Volkswagen)

3. Bison (Chevrolet heavy-duty truck)

4. Blackhawk <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1930-blackhawk.htm> (Stutz)

5. Bluebird (Nissan/Datsun
<https://auto.howstuffworks.com/datsun-sports-cars.htm>)

6. Bronco <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1966-1977-ford-bronco.htm> (Ford)

7. Charger <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1966-1967-dodge-charger.htm>
(Dodge)

8. Cheetah (rare 1960s high-performance sports car)

9. Cobra (Shelby <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/shelby-sports-cars.htm>,
Shelby-Ford)

10. Cougar <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1967-1973-mercury-cougar.htm>
(Mercury)

11. Fox (Audi, Volkswagen)

12. Gazelle (Singer)

13. Honey Bee (Nissan/Datsun)

14. Impala <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/chevrolet-impala.htm> (Chevrolet
<https://auto.howstuffworks.com/chevrolet.htm>)

15. Jaguar <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/jaguar-cars.htm> (outgrowth of
S.S. Cars, formerly Swallow Sidecars, Ltd.)

16. Lark <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1959-1964-studebaker-lark.htm>
(Studebaker)

17. Marlin <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1965-1967-amc-marlin.htm> (AMC)

18. Mustang <https://auto.howstuffworks.com/ford-mustang.htm> (Ford)