I bought a Rivendell Road back in 1999.
I wish I still had it.
Around a year later I lamented to Grant it had slipped while leaning on the
corner of my house and slipped down said corner leaving an inch or so scrape on
the top tube.
He responded something to the effect,'He considered putting a scratch on each
frame b4 shipping so people wouldn't obsess about a scrape on a new bike, that
they are meant to be ridden and beausage happens.'
That is not a quote but you get the gist of it.
That said,  it still bummed me for a while.
About 12 years ago I had a friend and co-worker that had a Riv inspired Heron
in pristine shape he kept in his house.
His cat knocked over something on a shelf that fell on his Heron scraping it.
He wasted no time getting a local bike builder to restore it like new.
In the grand scheme it was minor as a genetic heart issue ended his life around
age 60.
My advice , polish up what you can , dont sweat the small stuff and enjoy each
ride.
Those pipe wraps are a great idea.
Also if overnighting at a motel,  camp ground etc, I would have multiple locks
on the bikes or carry them inside which you probably do.
God's protection to you and your family for safe travels and safe riding.
Paul in Dallas